Dragon Born Beanie

The baby dragon beanie is finally finished.

IMG_4703

I started this beanie a couple of days ago and blogged about it in Dragon / Dinosaur Beanie (in progress). Here are some more shots of the process.

process copy

The horns were made using Diana’s tutorial on MyGurumi. I used a 3 mm hook and 8 ply acrylic wool. The first horn I made actually came out spiral shaped, which I liked – I must have miscounted some stitches, because the second one I made looked like what it was supposed to… So I made a third one and the ones that matched, were the horns I used.

process2 copy

I cut up some multi purpose foam that I had lying around and stuffed the horns so they’d keep their shape. I also crocheted some green yarn to attach to the bottom of the horns so that they appeared to be protruding from the skin of the head…

And finally, I made some baby sized ears to attach below the horns..

IMG_4660 copy

My storm trooper modelling the beanie..

IMG_4680

IMG_4708

Advertisements

About mishellsoup

Designer / Crafter

2 comments

  1. Wow! Such fun and beautifully made.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: