This quilt uses the same colour scheme as one I made earlier for my nephew. I’ve just added alternating rows of blank window inserts. I thought the first quilt looked way too busy. The blank fabric (same fabric used for most of quilt) adds space and breaks up the patterned fabrics. It’s personal preference really. This quilt is also one block wider and longer than my previous cathedral window quilts.
I never posted shots of the process involved in making one of these so here they are.
.. The finished product. Excuse the crooked shot. I placed the quilt on the bed to photograph as I didn’t want to dirty it on the floor.. However, being vertically challenged I had to stretch my arms up to get the whole quilt in.